Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Promise Fufilled

Now that we live here in Weed, I have to adjust my mindset toward meal planning. I've blogged previously about many different methods, but now that my closest "big store" is over an hour away, I've got to go back to my once a month shopping! One BIG shopping trip and then a few trips to the local market to add a bit of fresh stuff to our weekly meals. A far cry different from what I was doing before.
When I posted on Facebook that I was meal planning for the entire month I had many requests for my meal list as well as a request for the grocery list as well! To honor the promise I made I will list out for you our September month of meals!
Each week for breakfast we make it easy and have the same thing every Monday-Friday. So this month our breakfasts are:
Monday: Eggs & toast
Tuesday: Granola and fruit
Wednesday: Breakfast cookies & smoothie
Thursday: Bran muffins & fruit
Friday: Oatmeal
On Saturday/Sunday:I switch it up some and vary between pancakes, french toast or breakfast sandwiches

I do the same thing for lunches.
Monday: Peanut Butter on Whole Wheat Crepes
Tuesday: Peanut Butter on Toast
Wednesday: Rice (either with beans or fried rice)
Thursday: Bean Burritos
Friday: Sack lunch for school, (The only day I make my kids eat a sandwich!)
Saturday: We often eat leftovers or have a picnic as we have three soccer games each Saturday
Sunday: Crock pot meal, This month they include: Chicken, Pork Loin, Pot Roast, Chicken

And now, dinners! This month I planned by theme as I often do.
Monday (Mexican): Burritos, Burrito Bowls, Tostadas, Veggie Fajitas, Beans and Rice
Tuesday (Asian): Lettuce Wraps, Pulled Pork with Asian slaw, Chicken Curry & Rice, Rice Noodles
Wednesday (Italian, mostly): Pasta with Mizithra Cheese, Breakfast, Fish & Rice, Pasta with Mizithra
Friday: Family Pizza night! (Most of the time we make our own, but sometimes we get a Papa Murphy's!)
Saturday: This month our Saturdays are a bit crazy with soccer schedules, so my Mom is graciously fixing dinner on two of the four Saturdays. One was my son's birthday dinner which he chose Breakfast Sandwiches and the other we are getting ribs from a local BBQ place. (I'll fix the side dishes here at home)
Sunday: Popcorn and snacks

I've tried to include as many links to recipes as I can in the list above, but feel free to leave a comment with any questions you may have about the menu!


No comments: