Monday, October 28, 2013

Seeing the Unseen

We live at the base of the beautiful Mt. Shasta.

We moved here about three months ago.  Almost every day since we unloaded the truck I stand at my kitchen window and marvel at the mountain.  It draws me into worship.  It causes me to pause and ponder His greatness. It makes me smile when I don't feel like smiling and its beauty is a comfort to me. It does this because it reminds me of the God I serve. It it my clear and ever present picture of Him.


This morning as I stood at my kitchen window, this is what I saw...


I could not see the mountain.
And yet, I marveled, worshiped, pondered and smiled anyway.

Because the mountain is still there, even if I can't see it.

It made me think of God and the way He is our source. When we "see" Him on a daily basis life is good.  What happens when life clouds over who He is in our lives? Do we forget? Do we scowl and grumble and question Him?

I say no.

He's still there.
Even if we can't see Him.

Hebrews 11:11-12 (CEB)
"Faith is the reality of what we hope for, the proof of what we don't see. The elders of the past were approved because they showed faith. By faith we understand that the universe has been created by a word from God so that the visible came into existence  from the invisible."

No comments: